Case Study :- Establish Disaster Recovery Center
Establish Disaster Recovery Center
||Finance (Fortune 500 Company)
|Time to solution
As the bank's business grew, the number of customers using ATM cards and performing electronic transactions increased too. This resulted in a need to have disaster recovery infrastructure in a different city. Bank wanted technical consultancy in this matter and a plan to design and execute the same.
- Valency Networks started work by gathering technical details.
- Existing production infrastructure was studied from hardware and application point of view and business critical components were identified
- DR physical location was surveyed to come up with datacenter design
- A technical high level design was created for DR center and was tuned appropriately, based on the datacenter situations at the physical location.
- Technology solutions such as DNS load balancing, data log shipping and storage replication were used to achieve the design requirements
- Complete end to end consultancy was provided to implement hardware, network and application systems implementation
- A step by step execution plan to fail the production systems over to DR center was created with adequate details so that the technical stakeholders can execute it.
- After deciding upon a date, DR test was performed and multiple functionality tests were performed. Test was concluded by shutting down DR systems and bringing production systems up.
- Bank acquired business continuity, which further resulted into gaining customer's confidence.
- Bank saved money which was being spent on fire-fighting situations to solve production problems.
- Overall downtime of ATM machines was drastically reduced resulting to customers appreciation
- Bank' senior management was freed from ongoing technical problems and could focus on more business centric opportunities.
- Over the period of time, bank's returns on investment increased due to a ramp up in number of customers and overall reputation.