Dummy or bogus or rogue access points are typically used by attackers to penetrate into the corporate network of organization.
Valency Networks uses following methods to perform
VAPT test of a wireless network.
- Identify infrastructure components
- Perform site survey and measure signal strengths
- Capture packets and perform detailed technical analysis
- Find vulnerabilities and perform penetration tests
- Perform password bruteforcing to check authentication strengths
- Simulate malicious attacks as applicable
- Perform packet inspection to break into wireless network
- Perform signal disruptions to break wireless signaling network
- Create plan to fix problems and a roadmap to secure wireless network
The outcome of a wireless test is a detailed report with a map which explains what precautions should be taken at various physical access points. Valency Networks has performed such testing for multiple clients who wanted to protect their mission critical infrastructure from prying eyes, using wireless signals.