PCI DSS Requirements
Requirements of the standard - The standard is comprised of six control objectives that contain one or more requirements. In all there are 12 specific requirements under these control objectives. The verification and reporting process may vary depending on the level of merchants and service providers. An organization is also expected to identify its category or type for identifying what requirements are applicable to it.
- Build and maintain a secure network
- Install and maintain a firewall configuration to protect cardholder data.
- Not use vendor-supplied defaults for system passwords and other security parameters.
- Protect cardholder data
- Protect stored cardholder data.
- Encrypt transmission of cardholder data across open, public networks.
- Maintain a vulnerability management program
- Use and regularly update anti-virus software.
- Develop and maintain secure systems and applications.
- Implement strong access control measures
- Restrict access to cardholder data by business need-to-know.
- Assign a unique ID to each person with computer access.
- Restrict physical access to cardholder data.
- Regularly monitor and test networks
- Track and monitor all access to network resources and cardholder data.
- Regularly test security systems and processes.
- Maintain an information security policy
- Maintain a policy that addresses information security.
How Valency Networks can help you with PCI DSS?
- By studying your business requirement.
- Performing architecture review of your systems and networks.
- Performing PCI DSS specific vulnerability scanning.
- Providing end to end consultancy to fix vulnerabilities.
- Suggesting appropriate hardware and software components/devices for security compliance.
- Performing periodic audits